- French Open: Altmaier shocks Sinner in epic five-set battle
In a stunning upset at the French Open, German tennis player Daniel Altmaier knocked out Italian eighth seed Jannik Sinner in a gruelling five-set match during the second round. The intense battle on Thursday kept spectators on the edge of their seats as Altmaier fought back from the brink of defeat, eventually claiming a hard-fought victory.
- MS Dhoni undergoes successful knee surgery in Mumbai
Former Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni underwent a successful left knee surgery at a Mumbai hospital on Thursday, raising hopes of his participation in the 17th edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) next year. Dhoni, who recently led the Chennai Super Kings (CSK) to their fifth IPL title, travelled to Mumbai from Ahmedabad after the final on Monday to consult with renowned sports orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Dinshaw Pardiwala.
- Team India's new jerseys unveiled ahead of WTC Final
The much-anticipated new jerseys of the Indian cricket team revealed on Thursday ahead of the upcoming ICC World Test Championship (WTC) final against Australia in England.
- Delegation will meet President Murmu to seek justice for wrestlers: Tikiat
A Khap Mahapanchayat held here on Thursday decided that a delegation would meet President Droupadi Murmu to seek justice for wrestlers demanding action against BJP MP and outgoing WFI chief Brij Bhushan Saran Singh accused of sexually abusing female grapplers, farmer leader Rakesh Tikiat said.
- Key for both teams will be to dismiss Smith and Kohli early: Finch
As the highly anticipated World Test Championship final between India and Australia draws closer, former captain Aaron Finch has expressed his confidence in Steve Smith's abilities and believes the Australian team must dismiss Indian batsman Virat Kohli early in the match. The final is scheduled to begin on June 7 at the Oval in London.
- Lionel Messi to play last PSG game on June 3, confirms coach Galtier
Paris Saint Germain plays Clermont on May 3, 2023, which will be Lionel Messi’s last match at the French club
- Europa League kings Sevilla beat Roma on penalties 4-1 to win 7th title
World Cup penalty hero Gonzalo Montiel nets winning spot kick for Sevilla in the Europa League final against AS Roma as Jose Mourinho suffers first European final defeat
- Serie A 2022/23 | Milan seals top-four finish with 1-0 win at Juventus
There is still a possibility for five Italian teams to participate in next season's UCL if AS Roma beat Sevilla in the Europa League final
- Premier League | Leicester's fairy tale ends as club relegated 7 years after famous title win; Everton survives
Everton's 1-0 win over Bournemouth meant Leicester's 2-1 victory against West Ham was ultimately meaningless as Everton finished higher. Leeds' miserable campaign ended in a 4-1 loss at home against Tottenham.
- PSG goalkeeper Sergio Rico hospitalized after being hit by loose horse
Rico’s representatives said the accident occurred near the southern Spanish city of Seville on May 28