- This bunch of players is fearless, focused and fun-loving: Jhulan Goswami
It is said that the journey is more important than the destination. Now that the 'Chakdah Express' has finally come to a halt, former India skipper Jhulan Goswami admits to being in the grip of nostalgia.
- Siraj replaces injured Bumrah for last two T20Is against South Africa
Mohammed Siraj on Friday replaced injured pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah for India's remaining two T20I matches against the visiting South African team. Bumrah was on Thursday ruled out of the upcoming T20 World Cup due to a back stress fracture. "The All-India Senior Selection Committee named Siraj as replacement for injured Bumrah for the remainder of the T20I series against South Africa," BCCI secretary Jay Shah said in the statement.
- 'Back stress fractures not career-threatening'
This should provide some relief to millions of fans of Team India and Jasprit Bumrah. A stress fracture of the back could put India's ace pacer out of the upcoming T20 World Cup in Australia next month, but stress fractures cannot derail the star bowler's sparkling career, assures Dr Dinshaw Pardiwala, who is on the ICC medical advisory committee.
- T20 World Cup: Team India's pace conundrum
If you had watched the first 20 minutes of the India-SA T20 match here at the Greenfield stadium on Wednesday, you would have felt that a Test match was on in coloured clothing under lights.
- Djokovic makes winning return to ATP action in Tel Aviv
Novak Djokovic, playing a singles tournament for the first time since winning Wimbledon in July, reached the Tel Aviv quarter-finals on Thursday with a straight-sets victory over Spain's Pablo Andujar.
- Qatar says football World Cup fans do not need Covid-19 vaccination
All visitors aged over six will have to produce negative Covid-19 tests before taking flights to Qatar for the tournament that starts November 20
- Former FIFA referee Sumanta Ghosh dies
Sumanta Ghosh officiated in pre-World Cup and pre-Olympics tournaments, AFC Club Championships, SAFF Cup, and the Jawaharlal Nehru Cup among others
- Denmark to have black third jersey as protest at Qatar World Cup
The new red kit is inspired from their Euro 92 success when Denmark won their only major title, but has its logo and details barely visible. An all black design, which Hummel said signifies the "colour of mourning", will be their third kit in Qatar
- Football injuries in Europe went up 20% last season amid packed schedule: Study
The English Premier League reported the most injuries (1,231) for the 2021-22 season, followed by the German Bundesliga (1,205) and Spain's La Liga (848)