- IPL: Dhoni's CSK humble Kohli's RCB with all-round show, claim top spot
CSK produced a clinical all-round show to humble RCB by six wickets and claim the top spot in the IPL pecking order. Kohli (53) and Padikkal (70) struck brisk fifties in an impressive 111-run stand but CSK pulled the strings to restrict them to 156 for six after electing to bowl. In-form Gaikwad came good again with a quick 38 while Du Plessis made 31 as Chennai won the match with 11 balls to spare.
- Smriti Mandhana plays down no-ball issue after India's defeat
India's opening batter Smriti Mandhana on Friday sought to play down the controversy around the no-ball in the final over of second ODI against Australia which helped the hosts extend their winning streak to 26 matches.
- Jayawardene roped in as consultant for Sri Lanka's T20 WC campaign
Sri Lankan batting great Mahela Jayawardene has been roped in as the consultant of the country's national team for the first round of the upcoming T20 World Cup in UAE and Oman.
- Bottas leads Hamilton as Mercedes dominate Russian GP practice
Valtteri Bottas led team mate Lewis Hamilton at the top of the timesheets as Mercedes dominated the opening day of Formula One practice for the Russian Grand Prix, with Red Bull's Max Verstappen set to start Sunday's race from the back of the grid.
- India women lose nerve to concede second ODI and series to Australia
India and their premier bowler Jhulan Goswami failed to keep their nerves in a dramatic final over as Beth Mooney's brilliant unbeaten hundred ensured a five-wicket win for Australia -- their 26th on the trot -- in the second women's ODI on Friday.
- Barca woes mount after Cadiz draw
Napoli romps past Sampdoria with Osimhen’s brace
- Durand Cup | No sweat for FC Goa
Former Indian Super League (ISL) runner-up FC Goa proved too strong for second division side Delhi FC, winning 5-1 in the quarterfinals of the Durand
- European Clubs say FIFA biennial World Cup plan would have ‘destructive impact’
FIFA is conducting a feasibility study into holding the World Cup on a biennial basis, a change from the current four- yearly cycle, but has made no secret of its desire to switch to such a format
- Mohammedan Sporting knocks out Gokulam Kerala
A limited number of fans were allowed for the first time since the pandemic shut the doors on spectator attendance
- Real Madrid wallops Mallorca
Juventus gets first win of season; Hakimi bails out PSG